Sunday, March 2, 2014

Intentional Living- Gardening


I've been waiting years to have my first vegetable garden. Something about being self-sufficient and enjoying mother nature's way of providing for us is very appealing to me. Not to mention all the health benefits of homegrown food. The more I hear about toxins and chemicals contaminating market bought produce, the more I feel the desire to grow my own garden so I feel safer and more knowledgeable about what's going into my body.


Well, I am so thrilled that we've bought a house and now all those dreams can be put to hard work in our back yard! We've been in our home since October, and finally spring is coming around. I've had so many plans and hopes for what my garden might be. While there will be times when I have no idea what I'm doing and times when I fail, I can't wait to see the fruits vegetables of my labor, come harvest!

I've started this blog to document not just my new adventures in gardening, but in my more intentional approach to life this year altogether. I hope to try many new activities and work towards controlling more of the things that affect my health and well being. I truly believe that striving to live simply will lead to a much more relaxed and content attitude each day. Plus, I get to try my hand at a ton of new hobbies and I just love having hobbies.

What suggestions do you have for starting towards a more intentional lifestyle? I'd love to hear them!

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. I can't wait to see this blog grow and flourish.
xoxo,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this! Love your blog by the way! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete